[CREATE] Hello from Audacity

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 05:14:22 PST 2006

On 3/13/06, Dominic Mazzoni wrote:

> This is Dominic - I'm the project leader of Audacity.  I met Kees Cook
> last week and he invited me to check out the Create Project.

Nice to see you here, Dominic :)

> I'm always happy to foster more connections between Audacity and other
> open-source projects.  Please let me know any ways you think that other
> projects could benefit from Audacity, or conversely how you think
> Audacity might be able to benefit from other projects.

Well, I'm personally used to the fact that most collaboration between
opensource audio software developers happens in LAD mailing list.

Multitrack audio editors can't share much except icons. They can have
some file format for exchange of projects, however. There are quite a
few of them (OMF comes to mind immediately).

There is one more useful thing that could be implemented: shareable
presets for LADSPA effects.

Alexandre