[CREATE] XCF2 design draft

Sven Neumann sven at gimp.org
Tue Mar 21 11:54:43 PST 2006

Hi,

sorry that I don't have much time for a long mail at the moment, but I
thought I might at least give you a pointer to some thoughts about
XCF2 which is the codename for a successor for the XCF file format.
Only that this time we would like to design it in a way that makes it
suitable to be used by other applications than just GIMP:

  http://pippin.gimp.org/xcf2/

I will try to answer any questions that might arise from readings this
document. Please note that we do not suggest to include any image data
in the XML but that the proposed format is a catalog (could for
example be an ar archive) that includes XML and standard image file
formats such as for example PNG.

Sven