[CREATE] Re: raw processing

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Mar 22 04:05:26 PST 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 13:00, Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:

> The long answer is: it's not that easy. If Digikam applies changes in
> a non-destructive manner, I'd like to see them as adjustment layers in
> Krita whenever I want to finetune my photos. And if I load source RAW
> directly into Krita, I would still like to have changes like TRС curve
> as adjustment layers. Because now, with GIMP and UFRaw, if I change my
> mind, I have to do a lot of reopening.

That's a good point... What I personally would like (apart from a digital
camera that can shoot raw) is to do the initial tweaking in Digikam and then
load the image in Krita for general messing about. And using adj. layers is a
good thing here. But it means that either Digikam can save to Krita's file
format (or the new spiffy format we should be discussing), or Krita can load
a new file format Digikam could define.

I guess what's really needed is for Gilles and me to meet for a few days of
discussion and hacking...

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi