[CREATE] Re: Open File Format for Raster/Bitmaps Graphics

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Wed Mar 22 08:45:21 PST 2006

On Mar 22, 2006, at 4:15 AM, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:

> I'm not sure, but I would prefer to reuse what has already been
> proven. I'm
> not sure about the Gimp using svg for this -- but I am sure that at
> one point
> in time, Krita will be able to interleave Karbon (which saves as
> OpenDraw,
> which is some kind of weird svg, or so Rob Buis tells me) objects
> with its
> own layer data.

Well... sort of.

Keep in mind that OpenOffice started started out cloning a different
software product that used VML for it's drawing. Full OpenDraw is not
really "weird svg", although they did try to adopt similar naming for
certain things. SVG to OpenDraw is also much easier than arbitrary
OpenDraw to SVG.