[CREATE] Let's get this show on the road

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Tue Mar 28 09:08:34 PST 2006

Craig Bradney a écrit :

>>>I would only object to a country where it is hard to get in, like USA.
>>>

>>>Hub
>>
>>Agree...I think Montreal sounds like the best place for the next
>>conference.
>>
>>http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Conference
>>
>>Who is the gentleman at the first conference who is a Scribus dev. that
>>volunteered to help sort out the Montreal details?
>>

> There was Peter Linnell, however the cool guy from Montreal, Louis Desjardins,
> who is one of our French translators is probably the person you are thinking
> of. Mad scientist white hair.. :)

Thanks! :)

* * *

Hello all,

In the event we find Montreal to be the host city of the LGM, I had a
first contact with Michel Dagenais, Director of Polytechnique this morning.

Here is some basic info so we can discuss further this possibility:
1. Time frame : between May 15 and August 15 so we can have access to
auditorium and rooms at a very low cost (mainly, maintenance fees).
2. Wi-Fi and Power : not an issue in this highly technical building!
3. Direct access through the Montreal metro (subway)

Acces to Montreal :
4. Montreal International Airport
5. Trains, buses or cars for people coming from the East coast.

Michel Dagenais advices that we would need to set an organization as
quick as possible to have access to sponsors which budgets are
established months ahead.

I am ready to help this organization, to coordinate some of the action
but cannot do that on my own. I will need people that have experience
dealing with this kind of event. And of course, infos on how it was done
in Lyon!

So, Montreal, yes, feasible!
Plus, the time frame is during spring and summer... no snow!

Any more thoughts? worries? questions? etc.

Cheers!

Louis