[CREATE] holy spam batman.

jcupitt at gmail.com jcupitt at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 02:25:21 PDT 2007

On 7/5/07, ryan lerch <ryanlerch at gmail.com> wrote:
> the create wiki has been smashed by spammers... is there any more
> anti-spam ideas anyone has to fix this? recently, inkscape set up
> their wiki to make everyone validate their email address...

Our wiki was destroyed as well. We found that even email validation
wasn't enough :-(

We now ask people to mail one of the admins to request a login. It's
less work than you'd think once you get past the initial 'hump' of
having to make 50 logins in a row. We've not had a spammer cheeky
enough to mail and ask for an account.

John