[CREATE] (unofficial) call for LGM 2008

Hubert Figuiere hub at figuiere.net
Sun Jun 10 20:45:50 PDT 2007

Manish Singh wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 10, 2007 at 08:46:58PM -0400, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>> Jon Phillips wrote:
>>> Are there conflicting conferences in euro?
>> It is a bit early to say. The one to watch are aKademy and Guadec. None
>> of them have gone through the 2007, but both of them managed to conflict
>> with OLS 2007.
>
> GUADEC is typically June or July, and same for OLS. I'd say second week
> of May is pretty safe.

GUADEC can be at any time of the year actually. I have attended Guadec
in early April (2002), mid-June (2003), end of June (2004), end of May
(2005).
So as you can see it is pretty flexible.

OLS is no risk, but as I said both desktop conference have been able to
either conflict or interfere. Yes, this year Guadec is the week were OLS
is usually, that's why it has been moved.

I was just saying watch these conferences (Guadec and aKademy) if you do
not want to conflict with them.

Hub