[CREATE] gbr brush format bumped

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Mar 15 00:44:29 PDT 2007

On Wednesday 14 March 2007, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Am 14.03.07, 16:42 +0100 schrieb Dave Neary:
> > Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > >
> > > Why not ppm? Try a "man ppm" on your system.
> > > I'd need a native format, which dont uses external libraries: no
> > > xml, OpenEXR headers, png ... for the core.
> >
> > How would you do directed brushes and animated brushes with ppm?
>
> Sequences are describable by ppm and included in my sketch in this
> thread:
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/create/2007-March/000694.html
>
> About directed I dont know what idea it represents. Can you tell more?

Not sure whether I ean the same thing as Dave here, but there are brushes (in
the gih, not gbr format) that define not just a sequence of images but also a
little program that defines in which order these images appear while
painting. Maybe even more is possible here. I think the format started out in
in paintshop pro as pipe brushes, and it's kind of primitive (like .gbr and
the old .abr format, the newer photoshop brush format is closed and more
complex.)

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi