[CREATE] Fwd: [Gimp-developer] OpenPalette Implementation.

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Sun Nov 25 14:35:00 PST 2007

I find it interesting that the two articles you cite concerning XMP
are both from 2005 - a lifetime ago in the computer industry.  XMP
itself, as well the Adobe XMP Toolkits have advanced significantly in
that time frame and has been adopted as the standard metadata format
for various other international standards including PDF/A.

However, you are correct that at this time, Adobe is still the
"maintainer" of the XMP specification.  We've been in talks with a
variety of standards bodies concerning trying to make it "fully
open", but it's difficult to find one that has expertise in both
metadata and XML, so that it would thrive there and not "die on the
vine".  We're open for any suggestions - especially from those that
would participate in a open standardization process.

We are working on actual schemas for all of the standard "namespaces"
that are documented and in common use today, and will be including
them with the next update to the documentation and toolkits.  I
believe this also address the RDF update issue, but I'll need to
double check that.

As above, we're always open for feedback on our technologies!

Leonard Rosenthol
PDF Standards Evangelist
Adobe Systems