[CREATE] What is a "swatch" ?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 15 15:00:59 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 10:47 -0500, Leonard Rosenthol wrote:
> I'll point out, for what it's worth, that the W3C is currently
> working on a standard for "ZIP-based packaging" so as to sort out the
> variants between the way that OCF, OOXML/XPS, and OEBPS all use ZIP
> for this purpose.
>
> It may be worth this group becoming involved in that process or at
> least following it so as to leverage the same standardization...
>
> Leonard

Sure, what is the list and effort called? Any URLs?

> On Oct 15, 2007, at 10:31 AM, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > And in fact I don't really see a need for a specification, nor
> > limiting the
> > type of files in the archive. But having a mime-type that the various
> > application could recognize as a "swatch" (aka a "ressource
> > archive"), and
> > then they would just load the ressource they can load, and ignore
> > the others.

Cyrille, I'm for the lowest barrier and easiest to implement
solution...sounds like #2...any other opinions?

Jon

> > --
> > Cyrille Berger

Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

MSN, AIM, Yahoo Chat: kidproto
Jabber Chat: rejon at gristle.org
IRC: rejon at irc.freenode.net

Please note: the contents of this email are not intended to be
legal advice nor should they be relied upon as or represented to be
legal advice. Jon Phillips does not represent any organization through
this email address.