[CREATE] Introduction

Richard Spindler richard.spindler at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 16:20:01 PDT 2007

2007/10/25, Daniel James <daniel at 64studio.com>:
> > I found out about the CREATE Project today, and I really liked the
> > idea, therefore I joined the Mailinglist.
>
> How is the Open Movie Editor project going? I see there was a new
> release earlier this month.

Hi,

Open Movie Editor is doing great, at least according to my standards. ;-)

I am working on a number of "fronts", fixing loose ends in the frei0r
video plugin distribution[1], patching libquicktime for supporting a
nice lossless video codec for intermediate rendering, and of course
working on my own code, related to interlacing, putting frei0r to new
uses, and interoperability with other project file formats and
applications. And I've pinged other video editor devs a little, with
my personal goal of defining a set of propblems in the Linux Video
Editing Domain, and to eventually implement solutions to them.

Cheers
-Richard

[1] https://www.bek.no/pipermail/frei0r-devel/2007-October/000335.html
[2] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.libquicktime.devel/900
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.video.libquicktime.devel/908

--
Are you teaching the What and the How but without the Why and the When?