[CREATE] Libre Graphics Meeting fundraiser

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Wed Apr 2 06:08:01 PDT 2008

Hi all,

after the first few hours, the US is starting to come online now, and
we're already up to $220 donated. I have high hopes that we can maintain
a decent rate of donations throughout the 2 weeks of the campaign, if we
can keep a healthy, but not overwhelming, communication campaign going on.

I'd really appreciate it if people coming to the conference, or involved
in projects who will be involved, would take some time to add the
Pledgie badge (or the one Kamila has prepared) to their webpage, and to
blog about the campaign over the next couple of days - perhaps to say
how much has been raised to date?

Also, if people on the list could contact people they know who are both
supporters of free software and very wealthy, to politely let them know
that we're running a fundraiser and ask for a donation, I'd appreciate it.

Another thing which will raise awareness for the fundraising campaign is
if you take advantage of this campaign to start talking about the
conferences being held in Wrocklaw, the talks, the work you plan to get
done, your goals, stories about successes that have come from past
events - the goal is not to have a two week spam campaign of begging
letters, the goal is to make the conference rock, by showing how
worthwhile it is, and getting as many people as possible there.

Perhaps people who have had travel costs paid for in the past could
share what they've gotten from past editions?

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary