[CREATE] Ramping up the campaign for LGM

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 09:27:33 PDT 2008

2008/4/12, Dave Neary <dneary at free.fr>:

> Hi all,

Hi Dave,

We have had some good coverage and the start of a viral effect around
> the fundraiser this week, but I think the campaign would benefit
> enormously from having other developers from the various projects saying
> why the conference is important to you. This week, it has mostly been
> myself and Jon pushing the fundraiser, and donors doing blog posts with
> the badge saying that they donated.
>
> Of course the campaign is on the GIMP, Scribus, Open Clipart and Krita
> home pages, but it isn't yet on inkscape.org, and the logo on lgm.org
> doesn't match the one used everywhere else. I would have liked custom
> LGM artwork for the campaign, but at the end of the daym the pledgie
> padge is good, integrates that thermometer idea, and I think we should
> use it everywhere.

The Pledgie logo now appears on the LGM website!
http://www.libregraphicsmeeting.org/2008/index.php?lang=en&action=home

We have posted on the Scribus and the Tango lists about the campaign. Let's
hope that this contributes to help raise more funds. We definitely need
them.

Anyone reading this and thinking he/she can help, don't be shy, do it! :)

Cheers!

Louis

Some highlights from the first week of the campaign: