[CREATE] The end of the campaign approaches

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Thu Apr 17 11:05:23 PDT 2008

Hi all,

The campaign ends tomorrow evening, and it's been clear for a while that
we would not get to $20,000, or even get past the $15,000 necessary to
get the community to cornerstone sponsor level.

For the last 36 hours of the campaign, I've reduced the goal to $12,000
- considering that we have $110 in uncleared cheques, we are now within
pissing distance of the $10,000 barrier, and I am hopeful that we will
get one more $1000 donation before the end of the campaign, and have a
good final day to get the campaign up past $12,000.

I had considered extending the campaign, but I think a big part of the
reason why we have motivated so many people is the ambitious goal and
short timeframe, and I don't want to give people the impression they
were deceived. If any latecomers really want to donate, they can do so
by cheque to the GNOME Foundation with a note that the donation is for
LGM, or through lgm at paypal.com, even after the end of the campaign, but
once the campaign is finished, it's finished, I think.

So - one last push into the last 36 hours. If any of you have been
holding off on donating, or know people who use the GIMP and who might
like to donate, now's the time to pull out all the stops.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary