[CREATE] LGM 2009

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Wed Aug 6 23:08:59 PDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-06-25 at 17:40 +0200, Dave Neary wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I forwarded this on to Ton (hopefully he'll join the list here & answer
> more questions himself), and he told me:
>
> "The subsidy request is now being finalized. Only in september or so we
> hear about that, until that time you can only mention that Amsterdam (+
> Blender) have the option to organize it, but nothing is final...

This is cool. I bet we can get CC Netherlands involved as well since
they have connection to Kennisland and that funding pot. I sent an email
to Paul Keller who is project lead for CC NL and at KL.

> BTW: good news is that the city treats it very seriously... they want to
> create buzz by allowing good budgets for important speakers. They also
> suggested to add a session on open source in general for the press, and
> have Neelie Kroes do an keynote about open standards!"

Totally.

> I'd support an Amsterdam bid, even in the absence of a subsidy, but Ton
> has said he'd be spread pretty thin unless there were a subsidy which
> would allow him to take on a part-time administrative assistant to do
> the work for us.

Yes, I think Amsterdam is totally where we should do it next year. I
think it shouldn't be difficult to get subsidy and I have many
connections there to help with this...

Jon

Jon Phillips
San Francisco, CA + Guangzhou + Beijing