[CREATE] Swatches color file format

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Fri Aug 29 22:58:37 PDT 2008

On Aug 29, 2008, at 5:30 PM, Cyrille Berger wrote:

>> one specific interest is the sRGB tag, I would like to know if it
>> will
>> be removed in favor of something like <RGB space="" r="n.n" b="n.n"
>> g="n.n" /> where the space tag if just left as empty.
> Why would this be better ?

It came up in misc. discussions. One factor is that it makes intent
explicit, instead of possibly an accidental oversight. Another thing
is it makes validation and checks simpler and able to catch more.

That's why I believe the space attribute was set as required, if it
was wanted to be sometimes empty then the attribute would just have
been marked as optional.

(empty is bad, like empty "alt" attributes on HTML images)