[CREATE] LGM 2008 - Call for presentations - deadline extension!

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Mar 6 04:10:02 PST 2008

Am 05.03.08, 22:53 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> On Wednesday 05 March 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > Am 05.03.08, 10:47 +0100 schrieb Cyrille Berger:
> > > Yes indeed, I was thinking about a more general Create meeting and an
> > > OpenICC one. But in fact I was waiting to have secure my venue to LGM and
> > > also for the presentation agenda to be ready. But we can start thinking
> > > about what can be discussed at those meeting.
> >
> > Oyranos. Ok I see it is on the wiki. Toppics can be the Oyranos projects
> > goals, architecture and future useage. This could be used to discuss DE
> > configuration panel integration and as well how applications can best use
> > colour management. This would be something for a OpenICC round.
>
> That's more or less what I had in mind.

Fine. So we have only to arrange.

> > Perhaps we get as well further with the named colour format. Then I could
> > start to serialise the Oyranos NamedColour Objects at some point :-)
> Well I have allready started to use it in Krita for serializing colors (Krita
> can't read palettes using the spec). The spec is quiet not verbose enough,
> but at least it's final (for it's first version). But it's more a subject for
> a Create meeting I guess.

The Oyranos NamedColour relies on XYZ and arbitrary (up to 16) channels.
It would be cool to extend to HDR and explore on according rendering
intents. Krita could then exchange real HDR values and other applications
still should see a LDR representation, possibly derived from the monitor
representation.

> > Btw could this altogether be a GSoC project?
> It can, but implementing the spec isn't very hard, so I can be a part of a
> gsoc project.

A GSoC project could explore in the above HDR details and complete the
available implementation in Oyranos plus an parsing implementation.

As well it would make sense to obtain a suggestion for spectral data. Then
colour measurement device readings could be included as is without
any loss. Spectral data would as well cover the seeing of enabled persons,
who can see with 4 primaries, not only 3 as most people must live with.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe Behrmann
--
developing for colour management