[CREATE] Color palettes specification [Was: Re: LGM 2008 - Call for presentations - deadline extension!]

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Tue Mar 11 07:45:49 PDT 2008

On Thursday 06 March 2008, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > > Perhaps we get as well further with the named colour format. Then I
> > > could start to serialise the Oyranos NamedColour Objects at some point
> > > :-)
> >
> > Well I have allready started to use it in Krita for serializing colors
> > (Krita can't read palettes using the spec). The spec is quiet not verbose
> > enough, but at least it's final (for it's first version). But it's more a
> > subject for a Create meeting I guess.
>
> The Oyranos NamedColour relies on XYZ and arbitrary (up to 16) channels.
XYZ is possible. What are in the 16 channels, is it spectral color space ?

> It would be cool to extend to HDR and explore on according rendering
> intents. Krita could then exchange real HDR values and other applications
> still should see a LDR representation, possibly derived from the monitor
> representation.
I am still trying to think how exchanging HDR values is interesting :/ Or even
how saving them in a palette could be interesting. At least, it doesn't fit
in how drawing/painting in HDR is implemented in Krita.

--
Cyrille Berger