[CREATE] Pitching a community-funded conference

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Thu Mar 13 06:16:23 PDT 2008

Hi,

Daniel James wrote:
>>> If you have any contacts in the film industry, I'l happily contact
>>> them.
>
> My suggestion would be to ask Robin Rowe from the CinePaint project.
> He's in a much better position to suggest contacts in Hollywood. There
> are some effects houses in London, but I don't know anyone who currently
> works in them. I will ask one person I know who used to work there though.

Robin has spent the past few years bad-mouthing the GIMP at every
opportunity to film guys (presumably, to create a more favourable
impression of CinePaint) - so I don't think it's a good idea to ask him
for help on this.

>>> Intel are a sponsor this year.
>
> That's great, but I didn't know that - there's no mention of this on the
> website that I could see.

Confirmed yesterday, I'm still waiting for details.

>>> I'll leave that up to Louis - O'Reilly were a (cash) sponsor for LGM 1,
>>> as well as a media sponsor with some books & publicity. I imagine we've
>>> already contacted them.
>
> I've also sent a mail to my contact in the UK.

I noticed that.

Cheers,
dave.

--