[CREATE] Pitching a community-funded conference

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu Mar 13 09:47:50 PDT 2008

On Thursday 13 March 2008, Dave Neary wrote:
> And yet, when you ask people considering adopting Linux on the desktop
> what apps they miss most, they say "Photoshop", "Illustrator", "Visio".
Isn't it just a question of hypeness ? While few people do graphics with their
desktop, a smaller part of those people trully require features of those
applications that aren't available in linux applications.

> At its inception, Libre Graphics Meeting is about showcasing free
> software graphics applications, and enabling free software graphics
> developers to meet and exchange ideas. Personally, I would invite Adobe
> if they started releasing some of their graphics applications as free
> software.
http://opensource.adobe.com/ and http://opensource.adobe.com/ , it's not full
applications, but they do provide some graphics free software ;) Having some
of them, could also be helpfull in discussing with them about that and open
specifications.

--
Cyrille Berger