[CREATE] Suggested dates for LGM 2009 Montreal

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Nov 7 20:52:35 PST 2008

I think we should compress the conference into 2 days. Four days is
soooo long. And I think the weekend dates are by far the best as its
hard for people to get time off.

I really don't think more than 2 days is productive time use.

We could do 2 days of conf. and then 1 day unconference work,
collaboration time. That would be great for this year...

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 17:23 -0500, Louis Desjardins wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Here are the best possible dates for LGM 2009.
>
> May 6-7-8-9, 2009.
>
> LGM would start on Wednesday morning and end on Saturday, end of the
> day! (maybe with a party?!?!)

> Before we make that the official dates, anyone with serious concerns
> about those dates, please speak up asap!
>
> Side note : we "could" move that from 7-10 including Sunday instead of
> Wednesday. But why not take Sunday to visit... or relax... of have a
> beer on a terrasse!!! :-) Or a poutine! ;-)
>
> Anyway, you let me know!

All sounds good if its the will of the people, but 4 days of conference
is way too long IMO...that is massive brain drain...If we could do
friday and saturday hardcore, with party sat night and sunday off, good.
Or, all day saturday, party sat night, and then sunday conf.

I know LGM is getting bigger and all, but maybe we should be like global
economy and trim off some fat, make it more hard hitting and efficient.

I emailed, OCAL, OFLB and Inkscape to check about dates too...

Jon

> Cheers!!!
>
> Louis
>
> --