[CREATE] Suggested dates for LGM 2009 Montreal

Liam R E Quin liam at holoweb.net
Fri Nov 7 21:15:57 PST 2008

On Sat, 2008-11-08 at 12:52 +0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
> I think we should compress the conference into 2 days. Four days is
> soooo long. And I think the weekend dates are by far the best as its
> hard for people to get time off.

If the conference was on sat/sun, I for one would be traveling on
the Friday to get there and the Monday to get home.

I'd say see how many presentation proposals there are.  Maybe
a user day would work, too, focussed not on development but
on tutorials, and on issues like how to get started, what to use,
that local people could attend without going to the other days.
GUADEC did this, and it seemed a good idea.

I missed part of the Wrocław event because of a conflict with
XTech in Dublin, so maybe for me it didn't feel as long.

Liam