[CREATE] Bad news from Amsterdam

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Thu Oct 2 07:22:43 PDT 2008

Hi,

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> It has to be understood that I am not pulling it towards "me" but as I
> understand it so far from the discussions, it seems that Singapore is a
> long-shot that we should continue to consider...

Before concluding anything in particular about the Singapore bid, we owe
it to Andy to give him a chance to say what he's organised already, and
what's left to do.

It's not visible from mailing list traffic, but when I spoke to Andy
during GUADEC this year he shocked me with the amount of advance work
he'd put into it at that stage. I told him as much, and asked him to
mail the list with that info - he was unwilling to do that until he had
what he considered a "solid" bid.

I guess when the Amsterdam option came along and was generally praised,
he decided to back down from his bid. But now I'd really like to hear
from him so that any decision that gets made is made based on full
knowledge.

Cheers,
Dave.

--