[CREATE] open colour wave ridden or not?

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins at mardigrafe.com
Tue Dec 29 19:00:47 PST 2009

Jon Phillips a écrit :
> What's the latest on open colour?
>
> http://www.boingboing.net/2009/12/13/open-colour-standard.html

Hi,

Until someone points me to the exact source that supports such a
statement in the link above: "Pantone distributes both the inks and
books of color swatches" I trust Pantone doesn’t distribute nor does it
produce any ink.

Please refer to the following sites for more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantone
http://www.pantone.com/pages/pantone/pantone.aspx?pg=19295&ca=10

Lots of people get mixed up with such assertions and I am not sure this
helps the debate go further. Even worse I think: some people who might
be interested into the discussion might just pull out because such false
statement creates unnecessary confusion and noise.

Pantone is not an ink manufacturer.

Louis