[CREATE] LGM Pledgieing

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Mon Feb 16 02:23:39 PST 2009

Hi,

Nathan Willis wrote:
> What I mean is, should we contact the corporations directly and ask them
> to go to the pledgie page on their own, or try to get a commitment from
> them out-of-band?  I'm sort of looking for help understanding what
> happened in years past.

Company sponsorship is a bit different. You need to approach them
individually, perhaps put together a brochure about the event, community
support (participating projects, money raised in small donations, etc),
past sponsors, past successes.

For a company, you need to sell the idea of sponsoring. You should also
ask for a specific amount. You then invoice the company, and get them to
transfer funds to the account or cut a cheque. It's more work, and you
should ask for considerably more money.

Cheers,
Dave.

--