[CREATE] State of resources spec

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 06:04:08 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Jon Phillips wrote:

>> Several issues with the spec, IMO:
>>
>> 1. I want it to be part of XDG. It was discussed before, but noone
>> replied my last mail asking about progress. So I take it as it was
>> never done. So it's on my todo.
>
> I agree, this is a great idea. How can this be moved forward?

This is what I'm about to find out.

>> 2. I'd love to see levels and curves presets to be covered by the spec.
>> 3. Unstable GIMP supports tagging resources. I'd love to see the spec
>> covering this too.
>> 4. Th spec includes too much analysis text. My plan was to move it to
>> a separate document. On my todo as well.
>> 5. I'd love to see modularized packages (create-brushes,
>> create-gradients etc.). Not sure if it's on my todo, but I think I
>> could do it.
>>
>> It's a kind of surprise that the package is not available yet. But
>> this is easy to solve.
>>
>> Alexandre
>
> Alexandre, you have been one of the main drivers on this, so what is
> the next step on this? I think we should just push the simplest spec
> possible and then if useful, put the next stuff into a future version.

Evaluation is now split into
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php/Shared_resources_evaluation

Item 2 will follow soon. But first I'd love to hear from
3xAnders at Rawstudio about their plans for curves:

- what file format they use
- if they are willing to support formats supported by UFRaw (its own +
a number of TRC), GIMP and Krita

> Alexandre, could this be something good to drive home towards LGM and
> something you'd like to talk about at LGM?

This is something I will start thinking about only when I'm sure I
come this year. Which is sort of unlikely :)

Alexandre