[CREATE] LGM website && project description

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Feb 20 10:24:16 PST 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 9:42 AM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
> buonasera,
>

> i filled the description for most projects using the text on the 2008
> site. for several reasons, i couldn't fill all the descriptions for all
> the projects registred for LGM.
>
> may i ask you to read the description and for your project and there are
> changes send them to me (through this list)?
>

> a description should be composed by:
>
> - a list of 4 to 5 key features (keep them short!)
>
> - a description of the software (if possible without mentioning similar
> proprietary software; maximum 1000 chars; try to tell what your software
> does, not which technologies it uses and formats it reads/writes).
>
> - some links to your projects (gallery, download) if they are missing in
> the project pages

Thanks again a_l_e!

Dave, I'm providing here quickly, but you might want to add onto this statement.

Open Font Project needs to be renamed:

Open Font Library
"Typefaces we can all share."
http://openfontlibrary.org

The Open Font Library is a sister project of the Open Clip Art
Library. The goal of this project is to collect free software fonts -
those that may be used, changed and shared freely.

* Find fine fonts: The Open Font Library hosts the cream of
non-proprietary typeface designs.
* Share your typefaces: Individuals share their work here and benefit
from collaborative contributions.
* Learn how to make fonts: Become a better type designer with input
from our global community.
* Start using @font-face: Link in to Web Fonts! We host font files
that you can directly link to from your sites.

Fonts: http://openfontlibrary.org/media/view/media/fonts

###

The Create Project
http://create.freedesktop.org
(A_L_E: a new logo is coming soon for this project)

Creative Free and Open Source projects such as Blender, CinePaint,
GIMP, Inkscape, Scribus, Audacity, Open Clip Art Library and others
are highly successful projects which produce much video, audio,
illustrations, photos, and other content. However, much code, media,
and infrastructure are produced by each project somewhat independently
which could be shared inter-project. For example, several of the
aforementioned applications have their own brush types, color
preferences, preferred media storage locations, keyboard shortcuts and
file format converters. Sharing these resources saves developer time,
increases productivity, and contributes to an overall improved user
experience. Because of this overlap and the similarity of media, there
is need to work together on standards, promotions, and inter-community
plans. The Create Project catalyzes communication and sharing between
Free and Open Source "creative software" communities by providing a
third-party space for shared infrastructure.

###

> if you have french speaking people in your project, please, send also a
> translation for it! (LMG will take place in a french speaking region...)
>

> finally, if your project is not mentioned on the project page, please
> give me a notice!
>

> have fun
> a.l.e

Jon Phillips