[CREATE] LGM website

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Thu Feb 26 12:40:10 PST 2009

alessandro rimoldi wrote:
> hello
>
>> - open source graphics applications ->
>> libre/open source graphics applications
>> - free graphics environement -> libre graphics environment
>
> may i ask everybody who is concerned to express they concerns about
> this wording changes in the irc channel (or here on the list)
> in the next few hours?
>
> personally i would go for
> "
> - free graphics software
> - free graphics environment
> "

Hi everyone,

IMHO "libre" also fits with the name of the event.
(I'd rather avoid the ambiguous "free" but that's just me, in any case
I'd recommend the inclusive FLOSS acronym).

[...]

>> I should be able to send the description blurbs for the various
>> font-related projects over the next few days.
>
> ok... the question is: should we list them individually, or put them in the
> "open font library"?
>
> i tried to introduce a new concept and keep the project description as
> short as possible in order to let the visitor have an overview about projects
> at lgm. links to full descriptions and other resources are provided...
>
> in your case i wonder which project should be listed individually. i
> also wonder if it's better to use the space to list all the sub
> projects or to explain what the project is and link to a page on
> http://www.openfontlibrary.org/ which lists all the projects.

Various people are part of the different projects but some are only
affiliated with one. I really recommend listing all the various project
individually. There are strong links between many of them but there is
no "umbrella project" and sub-projects (better for everyone).

I fully agree with your concept of name + link + very short desc. We
don't want the project page to become too huge.

Thanks for your work on the webpage!

> have fun
> a.l.e

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font team / OpenFontLibrary