[CREATE] KOffice profiles license

Ted Gould ted at gould.cx
Thu Jan 22 12:14:51 PST 2009

On Thu, 2009-01-22 at 09:22 -0800, Jon Phillips wrote:
> Good, I've been fighting this one online recently. Factual data is not
> copyrightable.
>
> Releasing this type of information into the public domain is the right
> move. It will spread further too IMO.

While I don't disagree with the fact that Public Domain would probably
achieve their goals better, I'm not sure that this is factual
information.  Effectively Adobe built the Adobe sRGB color space so it
is in many ways a work, which would be copyrightable.  More like a
recipe is.

Same as Pantone, a name equals a mixture of ingredients.  Just because
you know how to make my grandmother's cookies doesn't mean that her
recipe has no copyright.

		--Ted