[CREATE] KOffice profiles license

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jan 23 09:31:15 PST 2009

And this is why corporations viciously protect their trademarks. This
is why Google has gone after some who use Google as a verb in common
language. If it gets too much into common language, its hard to defend
as a trademark. There was a court case about crayons in the past about
this.

IMHO, the right thing to do is to make the openswatchbook, pick out
colors, maybe just trademark the name of the book (although we don't
have too if its widely used), and put all our favorite colors into it.
Then we can get some of them professionally printed and sell for
cheap, and releas the collection into public domain so anyone can copy
them, print them, etc.

Yes, you are right a.l.e., there are multiple ways that Pantone could
make one's life hell. Simply taking one to court esp. in the USA would
clean most clocks.

Jon