[CREATE] Proposals for LGM 2010 - Deadline approaching

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Tue Jun 9 04:17:56 PDT 2009

>> So, if Constant can help you by putting the money up front until you get the
>> cash to reimburse, it will be helpful. On my part this year I had to take
>> all this on my personnal credit card and this is not really convevient, to
>> say the least. But it worked expect for a small deficit of a few hundred
>> bucks. Nothing dramatic. :-)
>
> I'm not sure what the status is with reimbursements for this year,
> but, I think that Louis should not be out of pocket for all his
> efforts organising the conference, so I would like to say that the
> flight costs reimbursements that would be paid to me ought to be paid
> to Louis so that he doesn't lose anything - and if others will do the
> same, perhaps we could have a shared reduced reimbursement to cover
> Louis :-)

Constant can certainly pre-guarantee the hotel. Euh... though we'd hope
to avoid the defecit ;-)

And yes, we are looking for a donated space.

I propose to fix the dates anyway (I think it makes a better
announcement, and also: wouldn't it be nice if this year LGM is the
first event to be fixed in everyones agenda?). Unless anyone of you is
already aware of a competing event? On our side, Brussels has enough
hotels to buffer and the spaces we are looking at are not booked yet for
May.

I'm posting a draft anouncement on the wiki:
http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/Press_Release_1

While I figure out how to publish this on the LGM site (do you prefer to
do this, a.l.e or better I do it myself?) please correct, add etc. I'd
like to start spreading this as of tomorrow. We'll only be 2 days behind
on schedule ;-)!

Femke