[CREATE] OpenRaster MIME type confusion

Chris Lilley chris at w3.org
Wed Jun 24 12:02:22 PDT 2009

On Friday, June 19, 2009, 7:09:02 PM, Liam wrote:

LREQ> On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 09:33 +0200, Martin Renold wrote:
>> hi,

>> I did ask this at least twice while doing the file layout specification, and
>> I proposed "image/openraster" as MIME type, and the answer was silence.

LREQ> Shouldn't it be image/openraster+xml ?

And (if its going to be in the Standards tree, previously called the IETF tree/, then it should be registered.

I agree that for an open format, the standards tree makes more sense than the personal/vanity or vendor-specific trees. For one thing there is no 'vendor'...

 Chris Lilley                    mailto:chris at w3.org
 Technical Director, Interaction Domain
 W3C Graphics Activity Lead
 Co-Chair, W3C Hypertext CG