[CREATE] Blender as video editor

Nicu Buculei nicu_gfx at nicubunu.ro
Mon Mar 2 23:11:08 PST 2009

Jeff wrote:
> I'm the guy who proposed to do a talk on PiTiVi, I guess I'd love to
> have a "competing" talk that shows me how to use blender as a video
> editor. I gave up each time I tried it in the past, and the fact that it
> doesn't use gstreamer to handle codecs turned me off quite a bit; I
> would be interested in seeing someone doing a neat, exhaustive
> demonstration of video editing on Blender for "regular users" as the
> intended audience (but then, I guess most LGM attendants are not "normal
> users"...).

Maybe you are familiar with the wonderful Inkscape screencasts published
by heathenx (http://screencasters.heathenx.org/). While he usually use
mecoder the most, he introduced me recently to Blender for video
editing: http://screencasters.heathenx.org/_misc/bve/bve_01.html

I am a bit scared by Blender's GUI and would like *a lot* to use PiTiVi,
but in my experience PiTiVi is unusable, I am not able to get form it
anything else than crashes. So currently I stay out from video editing
or use mecoder from the command line when I must do something.

my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/
my clipart collection: http://clipart.nicubunu.ro/