[CREATE] OpenRaster vs. FXG? :)

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat May 9 11:50:28 PDT 2009

Crap! I pitched openraster to some at adobe awhile ago, but seems go
it alone happens again...arg...even though in the blog post, says they
are "developing" the standard, so possibilities to talk with them
directly about problems with the spec, should be taken, first from
behind the scenese, before thinking about the sand in the eyes
approach and throwing up the anti-adobe hex.

If anyone interested in analyzing the spec, and noting the problems,
I'll do my best to push it with adobe folks working on this. We also
have a secret weapon in adobe from inkscape dev community ;)

http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenRaster

Its going to be very hard to compete with FXG because of Adobe's
standing, so we need to ascertain if we are going to go it alone, try
to get FXG spec repaired, or if we even have the energy to complete
OpenRaster to make it better than FXG, something which to this point,
we haven't had the motivation to do on a large scale.

What you all think?

Jon

2009/5/9 Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com>:
> http://blogs.adobe.com/jnack/2009/05/thoughts_on_fxg.html