[CREATE] LGM2010 Proposals

Femke Snelting snelting at collectifs.net
Thu May 14 01:24:30 PDT 2009

Hello All,

Before going into how to pull of LGM 2010 ... Thanks so much for LGM
2009! Even from a distance I enjoyed the event, and look forward to the
many waves it will produce.

Although we can't be very concrete yet at this point, we are serious
about making LGM 2010 happen in Brussels. It is not just OSP that is
interested in this; our 'mother organisation' Constant would like to
take responsibility for coordinating. We won't be alone; the Brussels
Linux Users Group and the people that make up Open Source/Open Course
(network of art & design schools across Belgium) have offered their help
too, and I think more orgs could be added.

As for connecting to FOSDEM ... I'm not so sure either, it is already a
large event in an of itself and also February is the most dreary time of
the year in Brussels ... eh...?

There's another possibility, which is extending the projects around
video into a parallel track; part of the work Constant is doing, is
around Open Source Video and seeing this year's programme, it seems to
gain importance also in LGM. To be discussed -- the scale and precision
of the meeting matters.

If you are as serious about LGM Brussels 2010 as we are, we'll start
gathering material and try to give you some idea of where it could go by
the end of next week, and by the beginning of June we should indeed be
able to announce. But I'm confident we will be able to find the kinds of
venues and accommodation LGM needs.

all the best,

Femke