[CREATE] LGM 2008 money help in Wroclaw - unacceptable delays

Louis Desjardins louis.desjardins at gmail.com
Thu May 21 22:43:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

Despite numerous promises, we are still in total fog concerning an amount of
between 4K to 5K EUR raised last year for LGM 2008 in Wroclaw. According to
the infos we have from Kamila, the money is held in a bank account in Poland
belonging to a local association that was involved in the organisation of
LGM. This money is supposed to be used to reimburse the developers but
still, some 10 developers, including the Scribus Team developers, have not
been reimbursed for their trip expanses to Poland last year. Once these
outstanding invoices are paid, the remaining money should be available for
developers coming to LGM 2009. Although we were promised to have all this
money transferred to the GNOME Foundation’s account in the name of LGM
before or around May 14 — so over a year AFTER LGM 2008 has come to end — as
far as we know this hasn’t happened.

This situation cannot continue.

I urge here Kamila and the Polish Association involved in the organisation
of LGM 2008 - Wroclaw to proceed with the transfer of the full amount held
in Poland to the GNOME Foundation’s account without further delay.

We need this issue to be solved in order to proceed with this year’s
reimbursements.

Louis

--
Louis Desjardins