[CREATE] Open Colour Standard(s) and LGM

ginger coons ginger at adaptstudio.ca
Tue Nov 10 02:31:17 PST 2009

Actually, after my previous enthusiasm, I've come up with a little sober
second thought. Questions:
Their goal is to sell ink and fan books. They're developing the ink. How can
we expect them to deal with that ink? I'll take it for granted that they
won't look kindly on other ink companies trying to make the exact same
colours, in order to be in compliance with a hypothetical Open Colour
Standard. Or am I wrong in thinking that?
As for fan books, if they're manufacturing them, how will they deal with
other people (independent print shops, for example) who may want to print
their own? Will it be officially sanctioned or not?

Those are my two immediate questions. I don't want to be a killjoy, because
I am excited about this, but I just want to make sure that we get a colour
standard that's open in a physical as well as a digital sense.

--
ginger coons
adaptstudio.ca