[CREATE] Open Colour Standard(s) and LGM

Igor Novikov igor.e.novikov at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 11:37:01 PST 2009

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 8:37 PM, Christoph Schäfer <
christoph-schaefer at gmx.de> wrote:

> Open is open, and my impression is that they understand this. There is,
> however, a real-world limitation, because it won't make sense for many
> vendors to use the standard. It also makes sense to have only one vendor of
> fans, unless compliance by others is guaranteed.
>
> But these details can be discussed at LGM, and until representatives of the
> company subscribe to this list or join discussions on IRC, this was more of
> announcement from my side. Anything else would be speculation.
>
> What I can tell from my communication, though, is that they are serious and
> very open-minded, at least that's my impression.

Nevertheless the news is really great!

As for our sK1 Project, we are ready to implement Lab colorspace support and
include
this color matching system as a part of sK1 distribution. Of course if this
system licensing
will be compatible with LGPL.

Regards,

Igor Novikov