[CREATE] Fwd: Libre Graphics Meeting, 26-29 May 2010 in Brussels]

Jan Claeys lists at janc.be
Fri Oct 2 16:58:21 PDT 2009

Op zaterdag 19-09-2009 om 12:16 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef peter:
> but hey, we could contact them to see what they can do for modest budgets

If they are cheaper than your free time... (That's what I suppose is the
important question.)

>  >> Anyway, I live in Belgium, and if I can make some free time during LGM,
>  >> I'd be happy to do some volunteer work for the conference.
>
> excellent, when time will come there will probably lots of things to do !

I don't know if I will be free yet, but I will certainly try, as I think
graphics applications on Linux are important.  It's one of the areas
where people are reporting issues...

(Although sometimes the complaints are more about entry-level
applications than about "pro" tools.)

[Stani]
>  > As a Belgian I can confirm that Jan Claes puts a lot of effort in the

Clae*y*s  ;-)

>  > local free software community and organizing. So I can highly
>  > recommend him. Maybe Jan, you could try to get more volunteers of
>  > Ubuntu-be involved?

I can try to get people from ubuntu-be, ubuntu-nl, gnome-nl, kde-nl,
etc. involved, once I know what to ask from them.  :-)

> or: you could knock on our door if you happen to be in Bruxsels /
> Sint-Gillis, address below :-) near café Verschueren

Well, I live in Bruges, which isn't exactly next to BXL, but maybe we
can see each other at FOSDEM or something.

--
Jan Claeys