[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Mon Oct 5 20:34:13 PDT 2009

I was really hoping to see more discourse, more opinions, more energy...

Dave Neary wrote:
> Yuval Levy wrote:
 >
>> "Creative Suite" refers to the most important feature of that software:
>> it is part of a suite and it is for creative use.
>
> The most important feature of the software is surely the freedom we give
> our users, no? Creative Suite sounds like something that Adobe or Corel
> would have already trademarked to me, even if it weren't already an
> Adobe thing - it screams "multi-thousand dollar commercial software".

The most important *to you*, Dave.

Let me rephrase. there is no *absolute* "most important feature of the
software". It's a matter of personal, *relative* perception. The
question is: what is the most important feature of the software *in the
mind of each individual*? and how can we appeal to that inner image in
the majority of individuals?

you and I may share a similar view about "multi-thousand dollar
*c*ommercial *s*oftware". Is this what the majority of people *here*
see? likely. Is this what the majority of people in the general public
see? I doubt it.

To me an iPhone/iPod is a "jail". And to you?

I am afraid that "Freedom" is not high on the list of what appeals to
the general public. Sure, everybody likes free beer, but free speech?

Some prefer to be free to choose; and some prefer to be free of the
burden and responsibility that come with choice.

Voters turn out (at least in the Western world) speak clearly about the
majority's preferences.

Yuv