[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Jon A. Cruz jon at joncruz.org
Thu Oct 8 13:03:39 PDT 2009

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:17 AM, Christoph Schäfer wrote:

> Since you are aware of of my (strictly personal) distaste for Gnome,
> I won't
> comment any further, except that we seemed to agree at some point
> that the
> Gnome/GTK+ file dialogs are a PITA ;P

Just a minor data point. With Inkscape on Win32 we are seeing about
half the users who really want the Gnome/GTK+ file dialogs, and half
who want the native Windows ones. I think this is one point where user
preference is good, since different users have different needs and
even different ways of mentally processing information.

I'd wager that the Qt dialogs are better for some people too, and that
we might even see an even spread of user preference. Whereas
overwhelming people with options is perhaps suboptimal, generally at
least some choice is good.