[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Yuval Levy create07 at sfina.com
Thu Oct 15 11:18:18 PDT 2009

Louis Desjardins wrote:
> The logo you have developed is actually very strong and I don’t see the
> point of going back to the splash now that we have this new logo.

I have no particular attachment to any of the logos. I do have
preferences, which I expressed in the round for *subjective* opinions.
That round is over. My 2 cents were there.

IIRC there is at least one *objective* point: background saturation /
readability. Has it been solved?

> In this discussion, unless someone comes up with another project, it’s
> going to be difficult to discuss every detail and try to make everyone
> happy.

While I generally agree that it is difficult to discuss every detail and
practically impossible to make everyone happy, I have difficulties to
accept such a stance about the logo. A logo is not a detail. It is meant
to represent "us" - whatever "us" means and whoever "us" is. I honestly
feel more attachement to the ink splash than to three abstract squares.

> it’s a package deal and I hope we can live with it and with enthusiasm !

is there an alternative? sounds like "take it or leave it" to me. The
power of Open Source is that there is no package deal. Mix, Match,
Remix. If you do it the right way, people will follow with enthusiasm.

Yuv