[CREATE] LGM 2010 Website

Dave Neary dneary at free.fr
Fri Oct 16 10:42:30 PDT 2009

Stani wrote:
> I am really happy with all the positive energy of the current LGM
> participation. I remember to read all mails by Femke and co, and
> thought "Wow, the next LGM will be great!" I am afraid however that
> the discussion of the new website is mixing "How do you like this
> website?" with "Should we profile ourself with a consistent style
> (logo, website, color palette, ...) across the years?".

LGM has always been about getting artists and developers of creative
free software in one place, and see what happens.

In the first one, the policy of lots of free time, with a few sync
points that were presentations, worked well, and allowed us to educate
everyone about things like colour management, while allowing teams to
meet & plan.

In the second one, Louis succeeded much better than I did in getting
artist participation.

I don't believe that we need a unifying visual identity, nor do I
believe that the website is particularly important for LGM - it is,
after all, a support for an event, which lives for about 6 months a
year. It feels natural to me that, like the olympics, we have some
unifying element, but that the feel of the individual events is up to
the organisers.

One thing I think that the next LGM could do is to make it an artists
convention, where the developers are invited - I'd love to see a
presentation schedule with just artists showing off their tools, and
have as many people from DeviantArt as from the various developer lists.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary