[CREATE] birds of feather sessions

Nicolas Spalinger nicolas_spalinger at sil.org
Fri Apr 16 02:18:50 PDT 2010

Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How about we start planing BoF sessions now? :)
>
> 1. OpenRaster. We have both GIMP/GEGL, Krita and, finally, MyPaint
> teams this year.
>
> 2. Unified swatch file format. This year we seem to have Olivier
> Berten of SwatchBooker on board, and Christoph mentioned possibility
> of an ink vendor to participate.
>
> 3. Text Layout Summit. We had it twice at LGM before, right? Nicolas?
> Behdad? SIL guys? Someone from Qt perhaps?

Looks like this time around some of the usual suspects will be at TUG
2010 and will do a Text Layout Summit there:
http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/harfbuzz/2010-March/000550.html

But I do want to have a general font-related BoF with the interested
people attending LGM.

> 4. Traditional annual GIMP meeting. Self-explanatory.
>
> What else? Do we have enough panorama guys for a ptx BoF?
>
> Alexandre

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Spalinger, NRSI volunteer
Debian/Ubuntu font teams / OpenFontLibrary