[CREATE] birds of feather sessions

Leonard Rosenthol leonardr at pdfsages.com
Fri Apr 23 06:29:16 PDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:

> Am 23.04.10, 08:00 -0400 schrieb Leonard Rosenthol:
>
>  On Fri, Apr 23, 2010 at 7:50 AM, Kai-Uwe Behrmann <ku.b at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>>  * HTML5 and ICC colour spaces (anyone?)
>>>

>> You need to take that one up with the W3C.  I raised the issue with the
>> HTML5 committee after the last ICC meeting (since I happen to sit on both)
>> and was basically told that it's not their problem and they don't care :(.
>>

> Without ICC profile tagging the objects will be prectical limited to sRGB.
> Given recent LCD gamut advancements that would appear weak.
> CSS3 colour spaces, colour and their interactin with Canvas could be the
> kind of things to talk about.

As I said, you are preaching to the choir.  I tried fighting the fight
already and lost.

The only way you are going to get traction on this is to join the committee
and submit a formal change proposal of EXACTLY what text you should change
in the standard, and why.   That's how they are doing things.

I'm happy to help - but someone needs to drive this...

Leonard