[CREATE] choosing the talks for the lgm 2010

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Wed Apr 28 13:54:07 PDT 2010

hallo alexander,

> > > Oh, I thought that was the job of the organizing committee.
> >
> > Except organizing committee seems unreachable by existing means :(
> >
> > A table-turning session, anyone? :)

it's not always easy to contact the organizing committee, it's true... but i have the feeling that you're trying to do it in the worst way...

so i ask again the question i asked you as you were "away" on #lgm:

can you tell me what exactly do you need?

"content, form, way it can reach you, when should it reach you and who can invite you..."

salut louis

> Most of the calls are obvious decisions. Sometimes it’s a bit more
> difficult and in these cases, when the organisers can’t find out by
> themselves, they consult a few people around by the mean of emails...
> It has worked well in the past.

i had the feeling that -- for the first time -- we will have to reject more talks than usual... or find another form for them.

we may also have more people having proposed a talk because they want their travel to be sponsored...

also, i don't see the proposals from the teams of the bigger projects at lgm... so i hope for even more talks being proposed...

ciao
a.l.e