[CREATE] publish book about LGM meeting

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Fri Apr 30 04:45:29 PDT 2010

hi robert,

>> still, as craig correctly wrote, it will be very interesting to have
>> a look at / enhance scribus for collaborative editing!
>> imo, this means being able to get / synchronize content with a wiki
>> but also being able to edit the same .sla at the same time on several
>> computers...
>>

> Do you mean something like the "book" feature of InDesign?
> Or more something like google wave?

i don't really like the idea of always comparing the features of free
software with some random proprietary applications...

i'd really prefer to talk about ideas and -- possibly -- come up with
better, simpler, more elegant solutions.

if we keep referring to the existing proprietary apps, we won't ever
change the perception that we just produce bad copies of existing
software...

personally, i was thinking about a way to store some information in the
scribus frame's properties and having a script or plugin connecting to a
wiki's API and syncronizing / locking the content.
the wiki / cms should be able to keep some hidden formatting which are
only meaningful on the DTP side and scribus should learn to share more
of the formatting information with the scripter engine...

have a nice afternoon!
a.l.e

p.s.: this does not mean that we should look at how other people solve
similar problems... we should just try to find our own way through it...