[CREATE] [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

a.l.e ale.comp_06 at xox.ch
Sun Aug 8 03:05:23 PDT 2010

hi jon

> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM, a.l.e <ale.comp_06 at xox.ch> wrote:
> > hi,
> >
> >> Hi, I'm going to bring this up one last time. We have
> >> http://create.freedesktop.org, http://libregraphicsmeeting.org,
> >> http://libregraphicsworld.org, and http://libregraphicsday.org.
> >>
> >> Do we really need another website? Do we really have enough people
> >> to hack on this, keep it afloat and more? Also, while Libre
> >> Graphics Meeting has been a success, I still feel that the concept
> >> of graphics is too narrow for a larger organization. We should
> >> look to support the spectrum of free and open source source
> >> creative applications, including sound programs, video programs
> >> (which are totally weak IMO right now), and many other not-purely
> >> graphics applications.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >
> > just one: let's have create.freedosktop.org die of a painful death.
> >
> > then we have a slot free for libre-graphics.org
>
> > some more thoughts:
> >
> > once libre-graphics.org is up and working i would suggest to move
> > lgm and lgd to l-g/m and l-g/d respectively.
> >
> > lgw has its own life and is the only site which currently works
> > (lgm partially works and create does only some small internal work).
> >

> While I find your comments quite disrespectful to those who have
> contributed to the Create Project, myself included, I do find the
> appeal of consolidating projects very important. Are you going to do
> the work on this?

i was not talking about the work done in the create project but the address create.freedesktop.org and what the website offers to the public.

i guess you were not telling us that lgm, lgd and lgw projects are useless, weren't you?

there is some important work done on the create mailing list and in the create wiki. and i'm participating in it.

feel free to feel offended.

ciao
a.l.e

p.s.: please, jon, just write your mails to the create list. do not the address them to me personally and send a copy to the list. this makes replying a pain.