[CREATE] Fwd: Re: [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Camille Bissuel cbissuel at yagraph.org
Sun Aug 8 05:06:24 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I do not think that anyone wants to kill anyone project.
The whole purpose of the LGA proposition is collaboration between projects.
It's not "a ring to rule them all" neither.

Let's think of it from an user point of view. What are these tools and what
can I do with them ? How can I have information on current projects and
relations between them ? How can I found a teacher ? How can I support a
project or donate ?
We can't answer theses questions without a portal website. As a
professional, it took me almost 1 year of daily survey to know all current
interesting websites.

The Create wiki is very useful for "internal" work. But it's not for users.
Other websites, including http://libregraphicsworld.org, aren't aimed to
address the LGA purpose, they are too specific. I have time to build such a
website, so it's not a waste of time for other projects.

One more time, it's not meant to trust others website content. it's a
portal, a link directory, an aggregation platform... content is out.

Aim is to say to users, institution, professionals that yes, we can
collaborate at an international level, yes we share ideas about our tools,
yes we have viable solutions, and yes, we can do some support and receive
founds in a decentralized way.
I'm tired to be considered unprofessional because I use free softwares.

So, please stop fire, and start collaboration.

Jon, I'm also interested to know more on internationalization in the Aïki
framework, it sounds good, and I'm thinking seriously to use it.
Thanks for all your comments by the way.

--yagraph