[CREATE] [LGF-LGA] Ok, let's start with a website

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 13 17:08:56 PDT 2010

On 8/14/10, Yuval Levy wrote:

> On August 13, 2010 01:19:16 pm Alexandre Prokoudine wrote:
>> one of the really huge problems I've seen in the community
>> is an urge to take over market while not providing viable solutions
>> for that very market.
>
> +1.  Let's be frank: it's called ego.  And since art is the expression of
> the artist's ego, it is intrinsically built into a community of artists.

I did not really refer to ego (which, though, in my case would be true :))

Let's say people have different visions of how things should work (and
these visions could be close to reality or completely out of it) and
they tend to protect their visions.

As someone who dares calling himself a creative person I can say for
sure that I've buried a bunch of interesting projects because I didn't
dare to go from concept in my head to real implementation. If you (not
you, Yuv:)) really intend to realize this project, the best way, as
Susan suggested, would be to ditch the whole thread and start with a
proof of concept. Otherwise you will *never* get anything done.

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org